Monday, October 27, 2008

When Grown Men Think They Are 18 Again

This is what happens when men think they are boys. The shirt was being worn by Paul's buddy Steve, it says 'I do all my own stunts'. Steve gave it to Paul I guess he thought Paul deserved it more. 30 year old men, Mountain bikes, and 8 foot jumps just don't mix well.

After two surgeries; putting in equipment and then taking it all back out. His shoulder still gives him trouble. I wonder how uncomfortable it will be when he has to return to Iraq and wear the heavy gear 24/7. In fact this accident happened 3 weeks prior to his unit heading for Iraq. All his gear had already left, but Paul got left behind. I believe all things happen for a reason. All that next year life was difficult for one reason or another - and I'm so very grateful that my Father in Heaven knew that we would need him home with us.

We didn't let him off the hook. Kaylee had planned on a camping trip for her B-Day. One week after the accident.

And we went.

We went with the Zaucha family. They helped us haul up a recliner for Paul, we set up tents and our camp and had a great weekend. Paul was still on a lot of pain medicine I'm not sure if he remembers the camp out. But we do, and it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Jay and Camille said...

I was so excited to find you have a blog, until I found out you don't update it :(